Gardening has been on my mind a lot lately. It has become a bigger part of my life every year for the past six years since we moved into our house and has certainly ramped up since I became a member of my local community garden. As an artist, I think of it as major form of artistic expression and perhaps my decline in wanting to illustrate is directly related to my growing interest in gardening. So, aside from main task of creating my vegetable garden, I’ve been thinking about what I want to accomplish in 2012:
- Build a potting bench. Perhaps out of old palettes? Paint it a pretty color.
- Build some pyramid trellises.
- Revisit my gnome home. Taking inspiration from Sally J Smith.
- Build a pizza oven.
- Make a succulent ball.
- Get tons of red geraniums for my front porch.
- Get some hummingbird feeders
One thing is clear…I’m going to have to buy some power tools! I am sure if I sat here long enough I could think of a ton more things to add – better stop while my list is somewhat manageable.